Week 2
Theme
People judge each other by the way they look on the outside. It is hard to change their stubborn perception. (Confirmation bias)
Summary
Trevor got into the A class in a private school. He got to meet a lot of black kids in the school, but they all tiptoed around him just because of skin color. He doesn't belong anywhere; neither white nor black. Trevor and his mom needed to deal with the people pointing finger at them. Despite the circumstances, Trevor and his mom made their own way out of poverty and obstacles.
My Opinion
Being allergic to schools, I don't talk very much at school as much I do outside of school. I don't put makeup on very often. I don't private clothes (*private clothes- something that is not school uniform ex. nike / it is illegal to wear something that is not a school uniform at school , but the cool kids wear it anyways) like the "cool kids" do. I only get along with a few friends. I don't care about my grades, but I always get good grades. One day, I talked about computer games with my new classmates. One of them said, "I didn't know you played computer games. I can't believe you play that. You just don't look like that..." She judged me by the way I look on the outside. She couldn't know who I really am outside of school since she was trapped in her own bias.
There are so many people who judge another people in the world, I agree (#`-_ゝ-)
ReplyDelete"let them be themselves" I agree with this sooo much
ReplyDelete🥓ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ🥓
ReplyDelete